free website stats program 88238-07 bags on an 03FXST? | Harley Davidson Forums

88238-07 bags on an 03FXST?

03fxsti

(EDIT):newsmile040:

I didn't check carefully before I bought them, and it looks like they won't fit my bike. Is there a way to make these fit an 03? A little yankee ingunity or some Kentucky windage? Or do I have to put them on Craigslist?

Thanks,

Rick

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Check and see if there is an Sissy bar/plates installation kit that is a compatible fit your bike...you may have to talk with HD dealer who knows his way around the parts book. Online try Latus or Zanotti HD...they have pretty helpful staff...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J02552.pdf

The 88238-07 large capacity Detachable Saddlebags are completely removable with the simple pull of the internal handle, leaving your bike clean and ready to cruise the boulevard. The handsome leather bags feature hidden quick-release clips behind the traditional strap and buckle. When removed, the large capacity bags leave behind two simple, inconspicuous docking points. The bags are compatible with both rigid and detachable accessories when installed with the appropriate docking hardware kits. Luggage capacity: 1200 cubic inches.
Fits '03-later FLST (except FLSTSE), FLSTC and '03-'05 FX Softail® models (except FXSTD). Models equipped with Detachable Accessories (except Detachable Tour-Pak® Racks) require separate purchase of Docking Hardware Kit P/N 88256-07. Models equipped with Detachable Tour-Pak® Racks require separate purchase of Docking Hardware Kit P/N 54245-10. Models without Detachable Accessories require separate purchase of Docking Hardware Kit P/N 53932-03. Models equipped with Rigid Accessories require separate purchase of Docking Hardware Kit P/N 88298-07. '03-'05 FX Softail® models require separate purchase of Rear Directional Relocation Kit P/N 69857-07. Does not fit with Passenger Floorboards, Rear Saddlebag Guards, Wide Tire Kits, Rear Axle Covers or Flat Lens Turn Signal Kit P/N 68431-95 or 68432-95.

Thanks for the info. I looked it over, and have been looking at the way things mate up. My rear turn signals get in the way. Everything else looks like it will mate right up with the correct docking hardware. But now, as much as I would hate to, I think I will have to buy a kit from Kuryakynor some other place that would move my turn signals down by my licence plate to get them off the fenders.Küryakyn - Harley - Turn Signal Relocator Kit
I really don't think that is going to look to good on an FXST.

After struggling with how to get these bags on my 03, I think I found a solution. Take a look at the photos and let me know if I did OK.
I really didn't want to move the turn signals down to the license plate. The docking kit I got from HD was right on the money. Only thing holding this mod up was the turn signals.
Went for a ride on Saturday and it was nice having a place to keep stuff I might need, water, jacket liner, and chaps.

Attachments

• IMG_2714.jpg
    IMG_2714.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2715.jpg
    IMG_2715.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2716.jpg
    IMG_2716.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are is a photo of the finished product from the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_2761r.jpg
    IMG_2761r.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 22
Back