free website stats program 88 upgrade | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

88 upgrade

Kemo, maybe you can pick up a big bore kit in Florida for me and we can take care of it when barbecue season starts again! The dollar is almost par...

Please let us know the details of how the upgrade goes. It's something I will be doing in the future. I bought my RK this year and am not even close to being "bored" with it yet. Thanks rolsch.

Ok, an update. I picked up my bike this evening with new tires, new front wheel, and new 95" kit with HC pistons and SE251 Cams. Compression is about 10.5. I was instructed to "break it in" for the first 50 miles and then bring it back for an oil change and dyno run at about 500 post upgrade. The bike will have about 25,500 miles by then. (its a 2002 carbed Deuce, no low mileage jokes, it spent it's first 6 years of life on Oahu ---> only 45 miles wide by 75 miles long.. that's pretty good mileage)

Anyway, the motor really pops with my old Cycle Shack slipons and I can really notice a difference in the power curve. Low end improved, midrange improved, and it seems like the top end is a little off, but I haven't truly wound it up yet because of the break in. And with the 251 cams I would expect that. I only rode it back 45 miles from the dealer to home and still getting used to riding in sub 60 degree weather, yeah, that's still cold to me after 11 years in Hawaii.

I plan to do the recommended 10x 30-60-30 mph in 3rd gear break in found elsewhere on this forum this weekend.

Great dealer experience at Ozark Harley Davidson in Lebanon, MO. The folks there are real nice.

I'll post pics and more details as I get to it, but wanted to let you know I got it done. Btw, my total cost for the upgrade ended up being $2500 all in. (not including wheel and tires) That's about $150 less than the estimate. Also, they polished all my chrome for me too, not a bad deal. So far I'm a happy camper.

Thanks for the upgrade update rolsch. Sounds like they treated you well at the dealership. Enjoy your "new" ride and post some pics when you have a chance.

95" kit, Andrews Cams, Vance and Hines CNC Ported Heads with oversized valves, oil pump, everything new, Screaming Eagle Pushrods, Lifters, everything, 3600.00, ended up with 88HP and 97ft. lb. of torque

hi ooheritage
When I purchased my 2008 fatboy I had the 110in kit installed I have the hole upper half of the 96in for sale it only has 2 miles on it if you are interested and it fits I can make you a great deal . I can send you pictures if you would like to see the parts

Back