free website stats program 88 FLST wiring diagram please..... | Harley Davidson Forums

88 FLST wiring diagram please.....

bbrister

I've four wires going to the solenoid.... a top the outer primary type .. so the big red goes to battery.. green small post..big black to starter... but the fourth is within the same wiring harness. has the green... and it links to the 30 amp breaker on rear fender... ( replaced that with a 40 amp .. takes a week to get a 30 amp ) ...processing a running starter issue.... all parts are new.. battery ( fully charged new...>>> solenoid, relay, starter, and battery ( + ) cable, all breakers...checked all wires... but.... i'm wounder about rehook up lost my mental notes...)

breaker on rear fender...

So the 2 tan mid size wires go to the so called 30 amp breaker along with the voltage regulator wire... (+) ... cause this breaker has two post one that is shine-ing and says bat on post... thought that the tan and regulator go there..... ... Confussed... well the 2 tan and regulator are on the other breaker post (that doesn't have a shine,stating bat on it )thats the way i remembered it.... then the small black wire.from this breaker..>>>.runs to the solenoid from this 30 amp breaker) that wire should go to the solenoid and big black >>> which goes to the starter... the red wire goes battery 2 top post....( on solenoid) green wire small post..{ big black bottom solenoid post 2 starter with the mid black wire} there's 4 wires (Right ?? and does running a 40amp er hurt just for awhile??? I realize some just have 3 ........

read those post before I joined and there on help.....
have a manual coming in 8 days but that's neither here are there.. it's my only ride and I've been down for a month....

just need to know about the breaker and solenoid contacts... been all over her... tested with light cleaned out the stop run switch.. die electric greased her done checked all grounds. every wire ,, re wired... and forgot the basic 30amp rear fender gig to solenoid and breaker (+) (-) and which post yeild this 4 th wire.... the bottom post of solenoid goes to the starter does that yeild another wire from the breaker....

Last edited by a moderator:
just need to know about the breaker and solenoid contacts... been all over her... tested with light cleaned out the stop run switch.. die electric greased her done checked all grounds. every wire ,, re wired... and forgot the basic 30amp rear fender gig to solenoid and breaker (+) (-) and which post yeild this 4 th wire.... the bottom post of solenoid goes to the starter does that yeild another wire from the breaker....

Redirect Notice this might be close

well doen't seem like anyone knows electrical in hear.. yet...........

so are ya saying i've the breakers on the right post..and the 4th wire goes along with the bottom post of solenoid to starter.........

Still need some info on the diagram.... outer primary type solenoid.. 4 wires...... back home and would like to get her running..... Even the local HD shop doesn't have a diagram.. and i not spending 125 hour.. for advise from those MIT's..

In looking at a wiring diagram for '88FXR,FLHT,you should only have 4 wires on the solenoid.1 large blk. to battery + post with 1 more blk. to the copper colored stud of the main breaker. 1 wire,tan, to terminal 87 of the starter relay.
1 wire,black, to the starter motor. In the manual it denotes the LONG Stud on solenoid is for the + Battery cable & black wire to the main breaker. I didn't have a manual for the FLST, but they should be the same. I dn't know how to download a pic here but I could e-mail you one if you PM me with your e-mail address. hope this helps.

well... thanks alot for the reply.. .. really need her running , looking for work, and have 25 riders coming down from C.A. on May 8th.
:tounge:panic i only have 4 post.. will not let me give email... so.... stamper floor cover.... and it's at yahoo.

Back