free website stats program 88 FLHTC - for what it's worth | Harley Davidson Forums

88 FLHTC - for what it's worth

shaker

I have some research to do on this, but I thought I'd toss this out there. I'm not a mechanic, so while I'll do routine maintenance, I'm not one to tear down a bike and rebuild it. I'm getting rid of my 88 ElectraGlide and would like some opinions on what it might be worth. It runs, but needs an engine rebuild - I've gotten this from both an HD shop and a Indy mechanic. I have replaced the carb with an S&S, new starter, tires, etc. It's been dropped once (not by me), so there's some minor scrapes on the fairing and saddlebag. I've put some miles on it - it runs true, but just needs work. What I'm looking for is that happy medium - where we both walk away feeling okay about the deal. I have the title - VINs are fine. Location is Wisconsin. Mileage is 80K. I work with the original owner, but that was several buyers ago - he took good care of it while he owed it, but questionable after that. Thanks for your thoughts.

I would get a reman. engine from HD's engine program and keep riding it if it were me. Otherwise I am not sure you will get to much out of it. Try NADA and see what it says as a baseline.

Bodeen

Look at it two ways 20K for a new one or spend X amount to put in a new engine either way you have to decide how much your budget can handle. I would opt for riding it until it breaks or the wheel turn square.

I'd keep it and if you want buy another! Also you can go to KBB Motorcycle to get a price of what it is worth.

IMO the real value is street value. What are they going for. I see mid 90's going for $7500. Check oodle.com and claz.org for FLHTC and of course Ebay. Best of luck - Bob

Thanks for the replies - I thought about throwing more money at it to keep it on the road, but since I have the RK, I'd rather put my money there or on a new one. NADA was a good suggestion. Thanks again.

Back