free website stats program 87 Sportser turn signal question! | Harley Davidson Forums

87 Sportser turn signal question!

hogrotten

Anybody out there have a circa 1987 sportster that moght be able to tell me if the blinkers come on and flash even if you release the button? Mine will come on and flash only if you hold the button down,this doesn't seem right to me.:20:

Actually, you could make a very small retrofit circuit board with just a few inexpensive components that would allow the signal lights to blink for a predetermined period of time. Do a search for "555 Timer circuits".

Actually was one of the "digs" that metric motojournalists did not like about Harley "controls" using two thumbswitches, no self canceling ("big" feature of all the "clones"...in the 70's), HD waited till electronic iginition came out in conjunction with the "bank sensor" to do theirs, as most metrics had "patented" their ideas...I think).

And yes, the aftermarket has kits, like Opaka Lips refers to as a DIYer mod. Might have to Google it to find it, is similar to windshield wiper delay timer ckt...

Last edited:
Back