free website stats program 85 wide glide need wiring tips on hand control wiring | Harley Davidson Forums

85 wide glide need wiring tips on hand control wiring

85glide

whats up im new to this and have a question i hope someone can help me with. i recently bought new bars for my 1985 wide glide and all the goodies to go with them including new chrome switches. the new wires are for a newer bike and have six wires but my harness has 7.. does anyone know the proper way to wire these...

thanks bro ive already searched through there and cant find anything pre 1986.. ive been searching all day and starting to pull my hair out.. i know it can be done!!

thanks bro ive already searched through there and cant find anything pre 1986.. ive been searching all day and starting to pull my hair out.. i know it can be done!!

Do you have a part number?

Late1985FXWGWiring.jpg

Here is a wiring diagram for your bike

i dont. its an aftermarket kit i bought on ebay said they were for 96 and up but would work on 85 and up with simple wiring.. im sure it is simple just gotta figure it out

that helps a little.. the problem is my new controles are for a 96 and up but my bike is an 85.. on the right controles i have the run/stop and the starter button all set but i cant figure out the blinkers and brake light switch.. the new controles on the right side have the following wires remaining: red/yellow (push button)- orange/white (power)- white/brown (turn-R)... and my factory harness has green, purple, white, and yellow remaining... and i cant find a configuration that works..

someone please help!! wiring issues!!

so if anybody reads this and can help im instaling 96 and up controls on my 85 fxwg and theres some wiring issues... i have my run/stop, start, horn, high/low beams, working but my issue now is directionals i have them working as in they light up when i press the buttons but they arent flashing.. which was an issue with the horn, i had to hardwire the horn cause it was setting off the flasher relay for the directionals.. just cant figure out why i cant get that relay to work with the directionals.. the new harness is a 6 pin but the factory harness is a 7 pin... im sure theres an easy fix but im stumped!!! any help would be apreciated

Back