free website stats program 83 FXRS Shovelhead Carburator | Harley Davidson Forums

83 FXRS Shovelhead Carburator

asontx

Okay, I now have a good gas tank for the rebuild. But need a good carburator for the 80ci engine. Any ideas on what I should or should not get for the bike? As far as brands, size, models? Any help at all would be mucho appreciated. I would like to purchase one asap, either on ebay or from someone selling a good one.

Dean

S&S are great carbs but if you want to go on the cheap go with a stock CV carb.You can pick them up a dime a dozen on E-bay.All you would need to get is an adapter for your manifold.

Thanks, I probably will go with a rebuilt 'stock' type. The old one says Harley Davidson on it. It (the carburetor), caught fire about 19 years ago and the bike was left in the barn for that time. I am trying now to get the thing going one painful part at a time.

hey hope you found your carb, though i have just what you need it is a used t 40 mikuni carb with a k@n air cleaner bolt right on to your shovelhead or early evo will sell for $300 call me Nate @517-206-0296

Back