free website stats program 81 sturgis | Harley Davidson Forums

81 sturgis

hunt682

I found an 81 sturgis that a guy is selling. It is not all original, it has a wide glide front end, tank, and rear fender. But the frame engine and tranny are all original. My question is what do yall think it is worth. I haven't seen it in person yet but I'm going to look at it this weekend. Also is there anything yall think I might would need to look for when testing it etc. thanks for the help

KBB states that an 81 Sturgis retail value is $6600.00.
WAP.gif

A rule that I have always used when buying a car or bike is that the "blue book" values are for an original. If the paint is new, or things have been replaced and/or modified, that in and of itself doesn't mean it's worth less, but also doesn't mean it adds to the value either. In the end, you take the "book value" and use it to set a basis for your negotiations. Sometimes, places like Ebay are good venue's to check out. You can get an idea of what similar items are selling for, and whether people are buying them for that price....Good luck

Aight. Thanks for the help guys I feel like at the price he's asking its a good deal just wanted to get some opinions

Back