free website stats program 80/100 watt Osram bulb | Harley Davidson Forums

80/100 watt Osram bulb

cossak

Where can I order/buy one of the Osram 80/100 watt bulbs. I had one for about 18 months and the low beam went out. Now I am back to stock 55/60 and the road is DARK!! especially the sides where dogs and deer are standing. I google and keep finding the 55/60 but not the 80/100.

Be careful as these bulbs generate a lot of heat and can destroy the connector. Also they draw more current and have been known to destroy the high/low beam switches. Better to go with PIAA bulbs. They offer increased illumination with standard wattage draw.

Be careful as these bulbs generate a lot of heat and can destroy the connector. Also they draw more current and have been known to destroy the high/low beam switches. Better to go with PIAA bulbs. They offer increased illumination with standard wattage draw.

I have ran 1 on the 96 sporster for over a year and no problems .. Also got 1 for a buddy's dyna and np problem there either .. only run high beam when needed

I have ran 1 on the 96 sporster for over a year and no problems .. Also got 1 for a buddy's dyna and np problem there either .. only run high beam when needed

Like Mark Nett, I have used 80/100 Osram bulb for 4 years now and still runs fine, but it DOES put more stress on the wiring/connectors IF you have degraded contacts or extended-spliced connections. If all the connections and contacts do not look bright-n-clean you probably should clean them carefully and use a small amount of dielectric grease to seal out moisture. :D

Got mine from German Auto Parts. High beam went out on the first one, headlamp plug melted, and wiring burned up on the second ( and last ) one. I now use a Xenon blue bulb.

Back