80/100 watt Osram bulb

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by cossak, Nov 9, 2012.

1. cossak

cossak Member

Where can I order/buy one of the Osram 80/100 watt bulbs. I had one for about 18 months and the low beam went out. Now I am back to stock 55/60 and the road is DARK!! especially the sides where dogs and deer are standing. I google and keep finding the 55/60 but not the 80/100.

2. tyre

tyre Active Member

3. cool breeze

cool breeze Active Member

i order mine from o'reilly 2 at a time i like having back ups

4. princeaz

princeaz New Member

Be careful as these bulbs generate a lot of heat and can destroy the connector. Also they draw more current and have been known to destroy the high/low beam switches. Better to go with PIAA bulbs. They offer increased illumination with standard wattage draw.

5. marknett

marknett Active Member

I have ran 1 on the 96 sporster for over a year and no problems .. Also got 1 for a buddy's dyna and np problem there either .. only run high beam when needed

6. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Like Mark Nett, I have used 80/100 Osram bulb for 4 years now and still runs fine, but it DOES put more stress on the wiring/connectors IF you have degraded contacts or extended-spliced connections. If all the connections and contacts do not look bright-n-clean you probably should clean them carefully and use a small amount of dielectric grease to seal out moisture. :D

7. PA 58

PA 58 Active Member

ebay has got all kinds of them .

8. cromedome

cromedome Active Member

NAPA has an equivalent bulb.

9. 04XL1200C

04XL1200C Member

I have a bi-Xeon HID that is just as bright as that 80-100 and draws a lot less AMPS!

10. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

Got mine from German Auto Parts. High beam went out on the first one, headlamp plug melted, and wiring burned up on the second ( and last ) one. I now use a Xenon blue bulb.