free website stats program 80/100 bulb,and two days of hard work.... | Harley Davidson Forums

80/100 bulb,and two days of hard work....

lakeforktx

Just got done putting in my 80/100 bulb, cleaned inside glass , the acholol worked good !!! also put in brake light conversion kit. the ajustable back rest was right in the of where I needed to put the little box. had several other issues when took seat off.. my seat is all broke and the tab that holds it down is gone... anyway got to buy a seat somewhere.. two trips tp Dallas for parts, took faring off and the bracket was broke on the sides..so went to Dallas Harley got new one plus a whole sack of parts , pegs, chrome, ect. ect...$140.00 worth of junk..well I gave the ole' lady my bank card to buy some Chritmas stuff with.. drove close to 100 miles to get parts , then they tell me " We no longer take checks"... WHAT.. Boy was I mad..told them the how I drove all that way ect..ect.. still no deal.. I had to go back with cash to get my stuff.. took dang near all day...anyway got it all done now and I'am going to ride tommow after a couple of beers tonight and a good nights sleep....can't wait to try out new bulb......:(

Yep the Dallas store and the Allen store quit accepting checks a while back. I think that H-D of North Texas in Carrollton takes checks but I could be wrong.:bigsmiley32:
I want to do the upgrade myself. I have the old sealed beam and will have to get a new reflector. I am still shopping around for that.
Let us know how well it works for you.

Randall

Yea, I'am looking forward to trying my new bulb, I can't see you know what at night any more. I try not to ride much at night because we have so many dear and cows and the such around here...but some times you have to. I also try to go to Paris or Tyler Harley ,but Dallas was the only one who had the faring bracket I needed in stock.. also something else Paris Harley said they could have the same part Friday for $6.00 and Dallas charged $12.99 for the same part...Big city prices I guess....:D

Something else ,a stock bulb at Dallas Harley was about the same price as the German Auto 80/100 bulb and they brought it right to the front door.In only 3 days...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
They are higher on a lot of their parts. The same parent company owns the Allen store. I had a gift certificate awhile back and used it to by some new brake pads. They charged me $4.00 over list for them. :bigsmiley33:
I don't buy anything from them unless I absolutely have too.

Yea me too ,I hate going over there .. There were willing to take a check about a month ago when I was looking at that left over 2010 Ultra Limited they had setting on the show room floor... And they kept calling me , and I had to tell them stop calling I'am not interested now, and they still call....

While a dealer has to earn a profit to survive, they should not gouge if they want a strong following...big city or not...JMHO!

Next time they call...ask if they'll take a check for the '10 Ultra. ;-)

Yep, checks are becoming a thing of the past - even talked my mom into getting debit card. Hard to go shopping w/o it, but can save $$$ if you don't have one.

I'm sure you'll like the new bulb. My bike has about as much light as my pick-up now.

Back