free website stats program 8 degrees F this morning... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

8 degrees F this morning...

Well, after all, he said he does have electric gloves :60:.

You are the man :hii

I read in another post somewhere on HDT, that toothpaste, rubbed on the inside of the shield would help, I think it was some sort of divers trick.

I ice raced ATV's for a few years, I would put duct tape over the lower part of my helmet (face opening side) and over my nose so it wouldn't stick to my nose,(some on the inside sticky to sticky) but keeps your breath off the shield. Works good as long as you don't stop too long.

Oh, I am definitely whacky, but there is not much I can do about that....:D

1.) At 70mph and 6 degrees F the windchill is somewhere between -28 and -41 depending on the formula you use..

2.) Didn't see the "yellow helmet" this morning, but I could have missed them. It is still dark on my way in and some of the bushes in the median block the traffic quite a bit on 70 West.

You are the man! I am in NC and won't ride till the roads are clean and it's at least 30.
I rode to work one day at 27 degrees and was cold for hours.

Yup, I've ridden in the single digits many times w/o electric (just got it for Christmas this year). Was about 23 when I left this morning. My credo is "if it's not raining, snowing or black ice, I'm riding"

What's the "YELLOW HELMETS"? Tracy

I have tried that anit-fog stuff (many different types) it helps a little but not much. Smitty is correct, as usual. I have learned to breathe in through my nose and out my mouth in a downward direction, as well as leaving the visor open slightly. Lift the visor completely when slowing down or it will fog and freeze just from the warmth/moisture from your face.

You folks up in Maine/New York are on a completely different level!!!

Rode a week or two ago in mid 30's, sun came out later and wasn't too bad. (that's my coldest to date) Wanted to ride to Church Sunday but it was mid 20's and i wussed out. Guess I'll wait for it to make it into the 40's or 50's. But I sure am getting antsy.

Got out of work at 11:30 P.M. last night and it was one degree here in Massachusetts. I have a 25 min. ride home and I imagined what it would be like riding my bike home in this weather. In the meantime I am cursing the car heater 'cause it ain't heating up fast enough for me! My car had all to do to start up in this cold let alone getting on my bike and braving the elements.
All I can say is pretty much what the others have said already, you the man! Be safe and ride long!

Hey Porter,

Was worried about you today. It was warm this morning (for you anyway) hope you didn't ride today.

For those not in the area, a surprise snow storm this morning dumped 5-6 inches in the area, noe we are expecting 10 more tonight.

glad to see you are safe.

Back