free website stats program 8 degrees F this morning... | Harley Davidson Forums

8 degrees F this morning...

Porter

...and the heated gear works great! (it was 6 degrees F when I got to work) Still can't figure out how to keep my visor from frosting up on the inside.

My personal best was a ride at 0 degrees F. For the state of MD this cold be in the running for the coldest day of the year.

How about you folks a little further west and north? Any cold riders this morning?

The wind chill must have been like 30 below.:small3d009::small3d009:
Only 55 days till spring.

Are you nuts? :shock Man that is cold ridding!

I thought about turning around and getting back in bed when I saw the temps here in Bel Air (10 deg F). More power to ya! I just look at my bike and get cold.

Is the yellow helmet still passing you in the morning??? Or have you outlasted him (or her).

The best way to stop the fogging is to not breathe in the helmet - good luck with that.

Oh, I am definitely whacky, but there is not much I can do about that....:D

1.) At 70mph and 6 degrees F the windchill is somewhere between -28 and -41 depending on the formula you use..

2.) Didn't see the "yellow helmet" this morning, but I could have missed them. It is still dark on my way in and some of the bushes in the median block the traffic quite a bit on 70 West.

...and the heated gear works great! (it was 6 degrees F when I got to work) Still can't figure out how to keep my visor from frosting up on the inside.

My personal best was a ride at 0 degrees F. For the state of MD this cold be in the running for the coldest day of the year.

How about you folks a little further west and north? Any cold riders this morning?

I wont get back on the road until it rains in MD and clears the salt off the road. It also must be at least 50-60 degrees warmer for me.

You are the man! I am in NC and won't ride till the roads are clean and it's at least 30.
I rode to work one day at 27 degrees and was cold for hours.

porter there are anti fog treatments , a search just come up w the answer. I usually leave the visor open a little when I wear full helmets

Negative, you're a better man than I am...gave up cold weather riding years ago - older & wiser...;)

Negative, you're a better man than I am...gave up cold weather riding years ago - older & wiser...;)

Checking out your NAME Iceman having to LOL.....:newsmile078:

AND, I complain about 40* and sunny on my last ride out here in Wa.

I only got a two hour/60 miles of ride in. BOY am I SPOILED....

,, telling the above to Geezer,,,,
HE saying "I would of made a LONG Day and NIGHT ride out of a Tempature like that."....

I guess it is what you are used to and Surrounded by that makes the difference....

I agree some-what with Iceman,,,, In MY Increase of "OLDER & Wiser" play a big part in it.

I like my Dough-Boy look and can't imagine using electric to heat me up on my Ride... 2 HOURS in front of my gas Heater after a ride is NORMAL though.
Go figure, They make that Heated cold riding gear about an Hour away from me in Washington... :newsmile062:

signed....BUBBIE

Back