7" LED Headlight Comparision

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by bogiediver, Dec 14, 2010.

1. bogiediver

bogiediver Member

A friend and I did a comparison of two 7" round LED headlight offerings - the JW Speaker model 8700 (aka Harley-Davidson) and the Truck-Lite LED from Custom Dynamics.

The cost is significantly different, the performance is minorly different - both blow away halogen lights. Mostly, choice will be based on personal preference.

Attached is a pdf file with the full review, with comparison pictures for your consideration.

From a couple of guys who like to ride, and thought you might be interested.

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  2. Cyclops

Cyclops Active Member

Great information, Great study & Great write-up! Thanks for sharing.:ap

3. johnkarlfl

johnkarlfl Active Member

just wondering, does the LED light also give more of a shadow like the flash lights do?

4. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Absolutely awesome write up with Incredible detail & information. Thanks!

5. lakeforktx

lakeforktx Active Member

WoW... now thats a good post.... I might have to start saving my $$$ after Christmas...maybe the price will come down pretty soon........

6. biscuit

biscuit Junior Member

Top effort.Great to read a well written treatise with empirical data like that.

What's your day job?:D

7. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

A+ for a well done job. I'll have to start saving up for my next mod.

8. bogiediver

bogiediver Member

I'm not sure what you mean exactly...

I'm going to take a guess - the optics used in either unit (projector style lens) is different than the LED flashlights I've owned, which generally have the LED well resessed into a reflector, or multiple LEDs directly behind the glass... So I'm going to say "no" (assumes I understood the question...).

My day job - a beancounter for a sanitary district, where the poop doesn't always roll downhill - sometimes it needs to be pumped uphill first... :panic

9. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member Contributor

Great article. You have set high standards for yourself on the forum. :p
    Thanks for the efforts and sharing with us.

10. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

Thanks for going to all the work and posting it. Great job.