free website stats program 6in Windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

6in Windshield

kmiller31

Has anyone who owns a street glide ditched the 4in windscreen and throw a 6in on. I just did it looks okay but It is raining so I cant physically see what it going to do just wondering if anyone else has made the jump. I know this would be like the perfect time to try the new windshield out w/the rain but bike is spotless and want it to stay that way.

I'm 5-8 and the wind used to hit me about forehead level, now it goes over me. I haven't had to ride in the rain yet.

I installed the Clearview 6.5 inch and its great...I am 6 ft tall and I guess if you didnt want any wind at all for my height you would go with the 8 inch. I like a little on the very top of my head to keep cool. Also make sure you get the recurve.

Saw the 6" windshield today - it is opaque like the 4" I think I would like that more than the 9" windshield that my buddy has - just takes too mush away from the sleek look of the SG /// IMO

I switched to a 6" and rode it for a few months but decided to go with a clearview recurve at 8". I'm 5'10" and I think it's just about perfect or as good as you can get without making it so high that you can look through it and not over. It retained a decent look as well. Here is a side pic of the 8.

sgwindshield.jpg

I have a classic and went from 12" to a 6" and i love it .You get some air on you in the warm months and its just enough to keep the bugs out of your teeth.

Back