free website stats program 67445-00 volt meter bulb replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

67445-00 volt meter bulb replacement

Biffy08

Hi all. Does anyone know what the "auto store" replacement bulb is for this Harley part number? Also, the original has a yellow boot like a condom slipped onto it to illuminate the yellowish-orange color. Does anyone know what I can use on the replacement bulb to get that color? Will a piece of condom or balloon work or will it just melt?
Thanks!:bigsmiley23:

Hi all. Does anyone know what the "auto store" replacement bulb is for this Harley part number? Also, the original has a yellow boot like a condom slipped onto it to illuminate the yellowish-orange color. Does anyone know what I can use on the replacement bulb to get that color? Will a piece of condom or balloon work or will it just melt?

Sylvania 158 is a clear bulb, you could use some light yellow finger nail polish, tho I don't think you would notice much difference

If you're careful, that rubber boot over the bulb can be reused.

Why not just go to a Harley dealer? They aren't that expensive but then again, there are people willing to spend plenty of money on gas while driving all over, just to get a "cheaper" bulb. Gas isn't cheap!

Yeah it really does help to get an answer in less than an hour! It would have taken me almost an hour to get to my closest HD shop to get their "dumb" replacement bulb!!! I mean really!!!!!!!! Why didn't HD just use an amber bulb??? I guess it is just another way of making you (and I am sometimes guilty of it) that you need to get the exact Harley part replacement. Good thing for the knowledgable folks here! Rode 10 minutes away and was complete in less than the time to the HD shop.:taunt

I get my stuff from the Harley shop because they are 10 minutes away and have the correct part.

They're closer than any auto store for me.

Back