free website stats program 64 Sportster Help Please with Questions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

64 Sportster Help Please with Questions

I still don't understand the sportster knee thing. The limp i get is from my ankle. I shattered my ankle, heel, and not sure what else about eight years ago and now have a bunch of titanium in there. (Its lightweight for racing :s)
My xl is high comp, has a 74" stroker kit, 30 over, and domed tops. So much comp, that when in the comp stroke, you can stand on the pedal and it goes no where. So the extra force i exerted today, just agrivates it a bit.
I limp pretty good just from walking excessively, or even from a little bit of walking if it is on un-even surfaces. But still, its not the knee. Not yet anyways!!!!!

What causes this sportster knee?

The Free fall when the kicker lets go and you jamb your foot on the ground, hence Sporster Knee

The Free fall when the kicker lets go and you jamb your foot on the ground, hence Sporster Knee

Oh, I don't get that and I'll explain why. Being that mine is so high comp, you move the crank over til you are on the comp stroke. Then you make sure your heel is on the pedal, turn the ignition on, and give it everything you got. I have had it "slip" off of the action and it free falls, but since I am so sure to have my foot where it belongs, it does very little harm to me. I have seen this happen to other people though, and yes, it looks painful. Before I knew how bad it was to have it back fire if your toes were on the pedal, not the heel, I limped for about a week. You will never let that happen twice.

Back