free website stats program 6 Speed Transmission dip stick | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

6 Speed Transmission dip stick

Finally had a chance to get back to everyone. Found the issue and it is unreal that Harley would let a bike out like this. The case hole that is drilled and threaded for the trani dip stick is not drilled all the way through. You can actually see where the drill bit stopped leaving the hole with about 25% of the diameter closed at the bottom of the hole. This is where the dip stick is rubbing up against the rough edge. It looks like the only way to fix this would be to takethe trani case apart and drill the remaining material off. In the mean time I will just cut the dip stick. Might bring it back to Dealer and ask for a new case or replace trani.

I would reccomend all 6 speed trani owners look inside the trani dip stick hole with a flash light. If you dont see a perfect round hole at the bottom of the case check to see if there is any rub marks on the dip stick.

Great job Joe, I was wondering, is there a place to put this thread, so when newbies enter HDT Maintenace section it points out RECOMMENDED specific areas or list to inspect known potential problems based on specific models or year range affected?

Back