free website stats program 6 speed rev-tech tranny | Harley Davidson Forums

6 speed rev-tech tranny

JBC2565

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed a change in the speedo while in 6th gear on a 6 speed rev-tech tranny.
Bike is a 1998 FLSTC(Heritage Softail Classic).
Speedo seems to be on for 5 lower gears but put it into 6th and look over at car speedo's and I'm doing 7 MPH faster than what bike speedo reads.
Didn't think the gear ratio would affect speedo but wondering why this happens.
And yes, the state trooper was wondering why I was in such a hurry.
73 in a 55. Thought i was going 65ish.
Thankfully Judge dropped it to a less than 9 over (go to court. Don't just pay it. Hopefully cop won't show up).
Thanks

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed a change in the speedo while in 6th gear on a 6 speed rev-tech tranny.
Bike is a 1998 FLSTC(Heritage Softail Classic).
Speedo seems to be on for 5 lower gears but put it into 6th and look over at car speedo's and I'm doing 7 MPH faster than what bike speedo reads.
Didn't think the gear ratio would affect speedo but wondering why this happens.
And yes, the state trooper was wondering why I was in such a hurry.
73 in a 55. Thought i was going 65ish.
Thankfully Judge dropped it to a less than 9 over (go to court. Don't just pay it. Hopefully cop won't show up).
Thanks

SORRY this Thread Post didn't get an answer...

I put in a 6 speed rev-tech gear set back in 2001 in my FXDS 2000..

It was reading 30 mph on the spedo and doing 60 miles an hour... 40 on spedo=80mph...... Mine was EVERY GEAR = 50% of speed-o
Easy to caculate on mine and NO TICKETS....:bigsmiley18:

I Bought a conversion box that plugged into the wire harness under seat on Dyna and did the proper set up and had the HD spedo registering Fine..

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Bubbie.
I thought that it was weird just to 6th gear that was off so thought I'd ask.

Back