free website stats program 6 speed problems | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

6 speed problems

I'm going in tuesday to try and have the dealer satisfy my concerns over that shaft, but i have ordered a new Screaming eagle 6 speed tranny. when i get the tranny carcus back i will post again.
P.S., The 6 speed was installed by the previous owner, who seems to know what he was doing. Obviously something went wrong. tranny had a Screaming Eagle cover, but NOT Harley gearset.:small3d023:

Take this as you wish.

If it is not too late, I STRONGLY advise that you cancel your order for the SE 6-spd, and spend the additional amount to buy and install the Baker DD6 transmission instead.

I bought and installed the SE 6-spd in my bike. Here is some of the history:

Problem - SE 6-speed tranny installed - leaking oil - Harley Davidson Community

Upgraded to SE 6-speed: not a happy camper! - Harley Davidson Community

Bike broke - tranny! - Harley Davidson Community

Here is the DD6:

Baker Drivetrain DD6 Install - Harley Davidson Community

JMHO.

TQ

Take this as you wish.

If it is not too late, I STRONGLY advise that you cancel your order for the SE 6-spd, and spend the additional amount to buy and install the Baker DD6 transmission instead.

I bought and installed the SE 6-spd in my bike. Here is some of the history:

Problem - SE 6-speed tranny installed - leaking oil - Harley Davidson Community

Upgraded to SE 6-speed: not a happy camper! - Harley Davidson Community

Bike broke - tranny! - Harley Davidson Community

Here is the DD6:

Baker Drivetrain DD6 Install - Harley Davidson Community

JMHO.

TQ
Smarter than the average Bear, I too would opt for a Baker, I think there R D is better and they were the first to have a 6 speed gear set what does that tell us and TQ is living proof here JMO:s

I have not tore into each brand but everything I have seen about the Baker, there just is no equal. I have been to the Baker booth at bikes shows several times and tried to find fault with their products but could not find any.Top notch inside and out. From what I have seen, it looks like they are the one who everyone else looks up to when it comes to transmissions.

Each time I have walked away from their booth, I wanted one.

I have not tore into each brand but everything I have seen about the Baker, there just is no equal. I have been to the Baker booth at bikes shows several times and tried to find fault with their products but could not find any.Top notch inside and out. From what I have seen, it looks like they are the one who everyone else looks up to when it comes to transmissions.

Each time I have walked away from their booth, I wanted one.

Agree, The MOCO builds a fair unit, it takes some one like Baker to improve or reinvent the wheel if u will and the MOCO is left to play catch up usually years later IMO

Back