free website stats program 6 Speed bearing replacement | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

6 Speed bearing replacement

i agree with glider Harleys are cheep junk and mine is for sale .2001 FLHTCI. it is allway needs some thing even though I keep good care of in .

I think that maybe Glider's point is being taken out of context... For anything that is made by man is bound to have some type of problem.......

i agree with glider Harleys are cheep junk and mine is for sale .2001 FLHTCI. it is allway needs some thing even though I keep good care of in .

I'll add that this is a great first post on an HD forum:nosad. May try and list it in the for sale section.

How much and where is this bike located?

Except for the MM EFI system, outer cam bearing issue and the cam tensioner system, 2001 was a very good year. The cam chest issue are easily addressed and the MM EFI issue just means you have to find the best fit for fuel managment and a competent tuner. The bottom end and trans are bullet proof. Increase displacement to 98", open up the intake and exhaust, add a set of torque cams, have the heads "street" ported, get her tuned and that bike will run circles around the Stage I 103s and will run forever.

I agree with much of the anti-MoCo rants that precede this post but only as it applies to the later models. Both my beasties are '02 and '05 vintage and, if I would leave them alone, they would never be out of service.:D

Back