free website stats program 5th gear noise | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

5th gear noise

Yeah they all are noisey change the lube and get her in 6th gear and ride

Jack beat me too it...with existing setup better lube and compensator mod...for the Baker their fix was adding 6th gear, i.e. besides better manufacturing/design at considerable "bank"...and they could concentrate on xmission only, not the whole bike at an affordable price for the shareholders like MOCO.:small3d007:

Last edited:
Guys, I own a Heritage and this is my "other" Harley. This is not a whine but a noise that you can't ignore. There is something wrong with this transmission and I cannot get the dealer to do anything other than say he has made a record of it. I will try the lube suggestions but Willie G needs to be whipped if he thinks this 5th gear is a good design. I have a friend who bought the same bike a couple of weeks earlier and his 5th gear has a sound to it but not anything like what I am talking about.

REDLINE SHOCKPROOF HEAVY made the difference in SYFI'S new 2009 roadglide... HE was wanting to take it back and DID only to have the dealer say "NORMAL".... some are LOUDER than others and the REDLINE OR SPECTRO will PUT A SMILE BACK ON YOUR FACE>>>>>>>> YOU WON"T BELIEVE IT"S THE SAME BIKE!!!!!

I suggest to try the redline and quit asking DEALER what is wrong..... They will NOT do anything UNLESS there is actually a MECHANICAL problem....

EVERBODY that has switched to red or spec has been MARVELLED by the RESULTS>>>>

signed....BUBBIE

Back