free website stats program 5th gear noise | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

5th gear noise

The Baker DD6 has helical gears in 4-5-6 gears. The Baker F6F isn't a complete gear set, only the gears to replace the HD noisy ones :D

Thanks glider. I've never really looked at the breakdown of the F6F. Guess I'll go to their site and have a look.

The 5th gear in my new bagger is awful. Sounds like a wheel bearing going bad on a boat trailer. The bike is going in day after tomorrow for its 1000 mi service. If the dealer doesn't do something for this, it will be on ebay that afternoon. I have read about the straight cut gear stuff and I don't buy it. There is just no way Harley could design something like this and call it normal.

Well, what happened? Did the dealer do anything? Did you switch lubes? Is it on Ebay for me to bid on yet? It's 4 days since your OP so I'm curious where everything stands on this issue for you.

I had heard that it was available for $3500 to the first one with cash in hand because the OP didn't like the noise.

Nothing like starting a rumor.:D

I had heard that it was available for $3500 to the first one with cash in hand because the OP didn't like the noise.

Nothing like starting a rumor.:D

Once I figure out where he lives, I'm on my way!

My goodness, the way some people talk of design flaws, I have to wonder why they own a Harley in the first place.

If the HD doesn't work the way you think it should, that in itself doesn't make it a design flaw.

If you feel it does, then buy a bike that is designed the way you think it should be. Then we wouldn't have all these sleepless nights worrying about nothing.

I like my whining on my Harley. I don't have to be Mr. Ford and have a better idea about everything remotely related to Harley Davidson. If I did, perhaps they would hire me as a consultant.

I have the junk 09 front tire on my bike, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Peace!
:USA

Back