free website stats program 5K Service | Harley Davidson Forums

5K Service

mydeluxe

Can anybody please tell me what all that the HD shop will do on the 5K service?
Thanks for the forum...

Welcome to the forum deluxe, Unfortunately all HD dealers are not consistent, some will follow Harley's recommended services and others will sell you everthing they can under the sun. Some will change every fluid compartment every time you come in, whether needed or not, some will even do front forks when their only due every 50,000 miles. A service manual is a very good investment and has all the information on it you'll ever need. Pay attention to "perform annually" in the maintenance requirements. The best thing is to ask the dealer doing the service.

A service manual is a very good investment and has all the information on it you'll ever need.

Thanks Chopper, Any suggestion on a manual that will help me on everything from fluid levels to step by step replacing parts e.g. control housing, tire changing and all the things between.

There is only one, in my book, the Harley Davidson Service Manual, you can buy it from your dealer. Enjoy the ride.

I own 4 manuals for my bike and they all come in handy

Original owners manual – small manual for quick reference

Factory service manual – the ultimate word on service

Clymer’s manual – compliments the factory manual

Parts manual – shows component breakdowns and provides part numbers you
can use to find parts at a discount

Internet resources – Like HD Talking

Good luck
Bob

Thanks Chopper, Any suggestion on a manual that will help me on everything from fluid levels to step by step replacing parts e.g. control housing, tire changing and all the things between.

Spend the $ and buy the HD Service Manual for your model and year. If you want to work on the bike yourself, or even if you want to know what the guy you're trusting your scoot to is doing - it's worth every penny. My wife calls it my bedtime reading but then I'm on a steep learning curve compared to many that contribute here :s.

Welcome to the best site you will find on Harleys. Enjoy, learn and share.

Back