free website stats program 54631-02B Low-profile shocks: fluid volume? | Harley Davidson Forums

54631-02B Low-profile shocks: fluid volume?

TQuentin1

Staff member
OK, folks. Does anyone know how much oil the 54631-02B low-profile shocks take?

My bike's rear end has started bottoming out even with just me on it with 35psi on the shocks. Did not do that after I first installed these shocks even with NO air on the shocks. With me and Momma, I would put in 20psi, and that was good. So I am thinking this fluid is shot. Gonna up-grade to a 7.5 wt. if I can find some, or 10 wt. if not. But I am not sure what they take. Will measure what I can get out of each, but I would like to know how much is supposed to be in there.

Thanx,

TQ

Saw that, and the embedded thread. I think those are the full length shocks that take 11 oz. I am thinking that I read somewhere the lowered versions take 8 oz. but can not confirm that yet.

OK gang. How do you compress these beasts? Do I need to compress them and then slowly release that while filling the oil? Nightmare!!

TQ

Last edited:
Saw that, and the embedded thread. I think those are the full length shocks that take 11 oz. I am thinking that I read somewhere the lowered versions take 8 oz. but can not confirm that yet.

OK gang. How do you compress these beasts? Do I need to compress them and then slowly release that while filling the oil? Nightmare!!

TQ

Amazon.com: Motorcycle shock coil spring compressor tool kit: Automotive You will need a spring compressor if you want to take the pressure off the springs:s

Back