free website stats program 54 mpg on my 2008 Ultra Specs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

54 mpg on my 2008 Ultra Specs

But to really answer your original question,, I bet if you took a New bike (no cylinder leakage) and used 91 octane no Alky fuel, riding on a Flat road with no additional head wind, in 6 gear only, no extra cargo weight, pumped up the tires to the Max, no passenger and driver was 180 pounds, with low outside temperature with low humidity, you would get that 54.07 miles a gallon.

Just the fact they quote the mileage to 2 decimal places tells you they are really really stretching the truth as far as they can. Meaning they are doing all of the above and More.

They just have to do it ONE TIME and from there they can quote that number all they want.

Was just looking at stock specs on my 08 EGC. Fuel consumption is stated at 54.07 mpg

2008 Harley-Davidson FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide specifications and pictures

How do they arrive at that #? I never seem to manage better than 42mpg, and I'm pretty easy on the throttle. Still running stock. No a/c, no fueler, etc. But I will admit to not doing 250 mi on a tank of gas going 55 either, if that's how they're coming up with that number.

Oh, they didn't tell you it was down hill all the way.:D

Those mpg figures are done by the same people that show us the big beautiful hamburgers in the ads. I've never been able to buy one even remotely like the picture.

Those mpg figures are done by the same people that show us the big beautiful hamburgers in the ads. I've never been able to buy one even remotely like the picture.

Hamburgers?

Try Carl's Jr's,,,, I get the Low Carb burger(no bun, lettuce wrapped instead),,,,,, Really a goooooood burger and Worth the 7+ bucks at a combo price...

Just remembering the "Paris Hilton" ads about Carl Jr's Hamburgers,,, long ago: Scene was with her in a Scant bikini, washing a $$$$ Bently(sitting on hood) then Trying to bite into that BIG Carls Jr. burger.....

Jay Leno saying on one of His shows, that he would not let her sit on His Bently and a little more in saying that,,,, was a Cute comment but not for this site...

A few of You Might remember that Ad and that Leno show....

signed....BUBBIE

I get 50 miles per gal on my 06 Sport 1200 R and 40/42 on my 09 FLHR

Hamburgers?

Try Carl's Jr's,,,, I get the Low Carb burger(no bun, lettuce wrapped instead),,,,,, Really a goooooood burger and Worth the 7+ bucks at a combo price...

Just remembering the "Paris Hilton" ads about Carl Jr's Hamburgers,,, long ago: Scene was with her in a Scant bikini, washing a $$$$ Bently(sitting on hood) then Trying to bite into that BIG Carls Jr. burger.....

Jay Leno saying on one of His shows, that he would not let her sit on His Bently and a little more in saying that,,,, was a Cute comment but not for this site...

signed....BUBBIE

Burgers you say, good thing the boss aint here to see this He would clobber you with a pork chop and me too for hi jacking this thread LOL:newsmile100:

Hamburgers?

signed....BUBBIE

That's HOT...a girl in a bikini...hmm she WAS eating a burger...and the car... :a Remind me to pay more attention, soapy gal kinda distracted me...but if she was on a Harley it would have been better...:bigsmiley4:

I have a 07 superglide that I've tried different ways to get better mileage. I've put 104,000 kms on it and I found that the best fuel economy was where the engine runs the smoothest, between 2800 and 3200 rpm. I get an average of 40 mpg american gallon (50 mpg canadian). As much as I like to stay off the interstates, the best mileage is in 6th at 2900, which is around 130kph or 80 mph. When I'm in 3rd or higher I don't run it below 2800 rpm. I would be curious to hear what RPM everyone else runs their bike at.

On the freeway doing 70 MPH I was able to achieve 54 MPG...on basically level mid coast California HWY 101 straightaway of 300 miles...so I would imagine it is possible to achieve...fuel injection is more accurate fueling vs my carburetor and your throttle hand may be steadier than mine...:D

Back