free website stats program 5-Speed Cruising RPM | Harley Davidson Forums

5-Speed Cruising RPM

Delmar

I’m curious if the Police bikes have the same final gearing as the civilian bikes. My 2001 Police Road King cruises 55MPH @ 2500RPM and 75MPH @ 3500RPM. This seems a bit high.

What RPM does yours cruise?

I rented a 2009 Ultra Classic Electra and it did 2500 RPM at 75MPH. Also rented a 2009 Road King but it did not have a tach.

Dang that 6th gear is sweet, I’d love to do a Baker trans conversion someday

09 is a 6 speed and had different gearing than his 5 speed 01

3500 is about right from what my buddy says for 75

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the police bikes have a different primary gearing for more bottom end.

Delmar, later you could go to the FLHTP 07 or newer, they are 6th gear and 1600+cc, think I'd like that 6th gear as well.. think after little time on my 06, will move up a yr or two..:)

This Road King is a move-up from my Sportster so this will be my last bike (unless I win the lottery or discover an unknown rich deceased uncle). The vast majority of my riding is slow country roads and I typically avoid interstate highways.

However if I can find a cheap sprocket set on eBay it would be worth the effort to drop the RPM a bit.

My 05 ultra runs about 2000 RPM at 55 and about 3000 RPM 75. I've got a stage 1 and slip ons. It feels almost like it's lugging along at 55.

Thanks, this confirmed my suspicion. Now to figure out what sprocket is different and find a matching one on eBay.

Back