free website stats program 5-pin headsets - options? | Harley Davidson Forums

5-pin headsets - options?

I just purchased a '97 FLHTCI-I which has a good sound system, intercom and CB. I do not have the headsets (I do have Starcom1 headsets for my BMW, but they are not adaptable). The Harley manual states "will accept an industry standard five-pin DIN helmet system." At Harley, they are about $180 per headset!!).
QUESTION: Do I have any options?

dean

Try jmcorp. I haven't used the product so can't vouch for them.

I am not cleared to post URL's yet but google will get you there

White horse gear has options and are cheaper than the Harley approved sold items.

Bought my headsets here great quality and excellect service.

They also ship world wide.

White horse gear has options and are cheaper than the Harley approved sold items.

Bought my headsets here great quality and excellect service.

They also ship world wide.

EVERYBODY has options and are cheaper than the Harley approved sold items:D.

Harley buys the Battery tender brand and marks it up and packages it as theirs, also the heated gear a lot of times is the Gerbing gear at a higher price too.

I just purchased a '97 FLHTCI-I which has a good sound system, intercom and CB. I do not have the headsets (I do have Starcom1 headsets for my BMW, but they are not adaptable). The Harley manual states "will accept an industry standard five-pin DIN helmet system." At Harley, they are about $180 per headset!!).
QUESTION: Do I have any options?

dean

With the advent of "multi-media" makes more sense to go with Bluetooth wireless technology. This is the time to think of your long term solutions, rather than going down the old 5 pin DIN wiring that was used in the '70's with all the attendant broken wires, unadvertent un-plugging and pain that goes with it...JIMHO...:small3d009:...he thinks so too!

Back