free website stats program 5 harley riders die , say a prayer ride safe | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

5 harley riders die , say a prayer ride safe

No matter WHAT the circumstances, or WHO is "at fault", these poor brother bikers and sisters are just as dead, and their families just as devastated. But there ARE questions that WE should consider!

1. Why were they in the wrong lane, either together or separately, but ESPECIALLY as a group??

2. Why were they not (it seems) following group riding safety protocols, which would have kept them apart in such a maneuver so that not all of them would have been involved??

3. Have any of US made similar mistakes (If there were any mistakes...I am NOT pointing an accusatory finger at ANYONE....we just need to LEARN from this!) and put ourselves or our loved ones in similar danger??

Please guys and girls, don't allow this terrible tragedy to be for NOTHING.

If we can learn how to prevent something like it from happening again, we need to closely examine what went "wrong" and determine how to prevent it's repetition!

My heart and my prayers and my deepest condolences go out o each and every one of their families.

Those are good questions, Richard. Ones we can ask ourselves when we ride.

That was some accident for the van to be hit on three sides. There are alot more questions than answers regarding this collision.

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families. To add to this tragedy, when all is said and done, the cause will probably be something that was preventable. One has to be careful when driving your cage. You have to be almost paranoid when driving your scoot. As we are all well aware, there is no protection from and accident. Speed, inattentiveness, thoughtless driving habits will all catch up to you sooner or later. And as a closer, please guys and gals, refrain from drinking and riding. The bride and I went to a small seafood joint sunday in South Jersey. As we came into the parking lot I noticed a Wide Glide and a Road King in the parking lot. The owners went unnoticed by me, but as they left the bride noticed one of the group handing two beers (it's a BYO place) to the couple seated behind us. This was what remained of the three six packs they came in with. Formula for disaster? I kind of think so.......

Prayers and deepest sympathy to the families of those who lost their loved ones in this awful disaster. Hope that god shines on the sixth and he or she recovers fully. News like this affects all of us bikers everywhere.
I was hit by a car just yesterday and my sportster was damaged but repairable. I just escaped with bad bruises. But as you guys say, us bikers can be very careful and attentive out on the road, and it's the car drivers who need to be fully aware that we share the roads too. We have traffic signs in the UK that clearly say 'Think Bike!' but I wonder how many people actually do think about us in their daily routine.

Prayers and deepest sympathy to the families of those who lost their loved ones in this awful disaster. Hope that god shines on the sixth and he or she recovers fully. News like this affects all of us bikers everywhere.
I was hit by a car just yesterday and my sportster was damaged but repairable. I just escaped with bad bruises. But as you guys say, us bikers can be very careful and attentive out on the road, and it's the car drivers who need to be fully aware that we share the roads too. We have traffic signs in the UK that clearly say 'Think Bike!' but I wonder how many people actually do think about us in their daily routine.

This is a 3 year old post.

I thought of that too but then I saw he was involved in an accident yesterday and I'm sure that's how he came across this thread. Prayers and sympathy have no time limits!

True. I was curious how the original accident happened but can't find any other update on the story.

Sorry, forgive me but I didn't see the date on the posting. But I saw the headline at the bottom of my screen and thought I would place my comments. After my accident I was just saying how aware we should be on our roads

Back