free website stats program 48 state tour - lighting question | Harley Davidson Forums

48 state tour - lighting question

Hoopie

I live in FL, ride a 09 Ultra, have done the USA 4 Corners ride. Planning to do all 48 states in one ride but concern with stock lights for night riding. I want to have more vision ahead and to sides for night riding. Have experience close calls with deer and moose on previous rides. What lighting suggestions do you have for better night vision?

Do deer horns work?

IMO...nix the deer horn/whistle thoughts - not worth it & ineffective. All they do is confuse the animal so they scramble even worse. As far as touring lamp - glider recommended the osram 80/100 bulb from germanautoparts.com awhile back & I got one. This thing is amazingly bright & probably the best standard bulb you're going to find vs. going HID, or LED (spendy). Only ~$20 shipped & I've had mine for 2-years now w/no problems. Might want to check it out. Good luck w/your trip (sounds fun) & ride safe!

I live in FL, ride a 09 Ultra, have done the USA 4 Corners ride. Planning to do all 48 states in one ride but concern with stock lights for night riding. I want to have more vision ahead and to sides for night riding. Have experience close calls with deer and moose on previous rides. What lighting suggestions do you have for better night vision?

Do deer horns work?

Nix the deer horns! But enjoy the ride. I am so jealous!

Here's the one I ordered, based on glider's recommendation -part# H480100OS...just go to germanautoparts.com & search for this part...

Hoopie,

I like and have used the BackOff and Other gizz-moes that take the turn signal and incorperate them into running and the brake lights... Plug and Play.

I saw a high dollar add-on sitting on the HD parts counter that looked good .. Many $$ Nothing I would want... It was a total Rear Brake light including the red plastic lens (a unit).. had about 200 different way it would react using a Magnet that changed the patterns by touching the magnet to the top right corner of the red cover ... Bright, Yes but $$ And Different.

I will be getting the one that changes the rear turn signals: Red lenses and on all the time AND come on as part of the braking system..?? 59$$?

HD had many to choose from..

Other places to save a few :newsmile093: would be the catalogs..

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
Back