free website stats program 407f tire replacement adventure | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

407f tire replacement adventure

Don't know what the manufacture dates are but humming when cornering is the first sign of cupping because you are leaning onto the tread area that is wearing uneven. Once it is humming you can begin to see every second tread wear faster. At least on mine I could.

My 09 RK has 15000k now and the tire is getting worse every day. I took it to Dealeys and they said 'no way' Too many k's now. They're not going to change it out because HD Canada won't cover the cost. I have to get a new rear tomorrow so will get the front done as well and deal with HD Canada on my own. Seems our US cousins are getting treated much better than we are in Canada by HD.

My 09 RK has 15000k now and the tire is getting worse every day. I took it to Dealeys and they said 'no way' Too many k's now. They're not going to change it out because HD Canada won't cover the cost. I have to get a new rear tomorrow so will get the front done as well and deal with HD Canada on my own. Seems our US cousins are getting treated much better than we are in Canada by HD.

Yes, they are. That's whey I was keeping such a close eye on my tire in the first place. Here in Canada we have to take the problem to the dealer and then listen as the dealer pretends not to know anything about it, probably orders from above somewhere. As soon as the first wear shows up you needed to complain and use words like 'handling' and 'safety issue'. And again, there are dealers who seem to care and others who demonstrate that they don't. I was lucky with mine, so far they have been very good about everything.
By the way, I drive right on by Dealeys and go on down to Barne's in Langley all the way from Squamish. I learned the hard way with my first Harley that there are better dealers to go to than Deeley.

I haven't dealt with Deeley's yet just Barnes. I'm happy with them. Got a good deal when had to replace rear tire couple weeks ago.:)

Took my 09 Ultra into Peterson's of Miami for the 10K service just before going to Leesburg for the bikefest. Mechanic told me I had a recall tire and they changed it right there. Also got the fuel tank mod done as well. Great dealer service IMHO...

To determine the manufacture date. On the tire sidewall you will see the letters "DOT" followed by a series of numbers. The last four numbers are the week and year of manufacture

Had my front tire replaced for free with almost 14,000 km's on it at Kitchener HD

That just proves it, here in Canada if we have a good dealer we get our tire taken care of. If we have a dealer who couldn't care less about us or our business, we are out of luck.
Hey wildman9, if our plans work out we will be stopping in at Kitchener HD this July while on a rather long road trip from the west coast (and hopefully back :). Have friends and family in that area.

Back