free website stats program 4-ways/start-up | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

4-ways/start-up

Well, broke down and took bike into dealer for diagnostic check, turns out TSSM module going bad, 300.00 bucks, 115.00 for module and the rest for labor and diagnostics. told them i would install myself, but reply was that they would have to run another diagnostics after installation. man they really grab ya by the (EDIT). looked through Clymer Manual and it says nothing about running diag. after installation, but when they called me i was @ work so i really couldnt look @ manual. guess I'll have to eat this one......

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Glider, picked up bike on Sat. dealer told me the module they had in stock was bad, take a week to get new one, told them i would pick up bike and have them call me when part comes in and i would install myself. printed out TSM/TSSM password procedure you pointed out to me. at end of procedure it says to "clear diagnostic trouble codes". is this something i can do?

Not on a 2002. They will clear themselves after 50 start and run cycles of at least 30 seconds each providing they don't reoccur.

call the Milwalkee customer service dept and see what they will do for you.
1-414-343-4056
As I stated in an earlier post, I had this same promlem on my "07 RKC and after talking to the cust service, I was given a "reference number" to give to the dealer. When I went to pick up the bike, it was all taken care of by the factory, (FREE) in the name of "goodwill".
AND the bike was out of the 2 year warranty. You'll never know untill you call the number.

thanks for the info, WILL call the number, everything about harley is so over priced it would be nice to get a "Goodwill" gesture.........

Back