free website stats program 4-ways/start-up | Harley Davidson Forums

4-ways/start-up

been trying to find an answer to this and not having any luck, have a 02 RK FLHRI 12000 miles, it has happened twice in the past week, when i start bike the 4-ways flash maybe about 3-4 times then go out. anything i should check or worry about? thanks in advance.........dave

mine did that at bike week went by local shop and they said it was battery bought new one and no more problems.

I just went thru a similar situation on my '07 RKC. But mine only lasted about 3 times before it totally died, so you're luck in that way.
I have the "no button" keyfob, and the HFSSM (hands free security system module). Don't know if that was available on your bike, but maybe something similar. My bike did the same thing, went to start it (not actually started) and the flashers went off 3 times or so. I thought that was kinda strange, and I had n different fob close by, so swaped and off I went. When I went to start it again, the bike thought I was trying to steal it. Nothing. Replaced the fob battery, no go. Turned out to be the module needed replaceing. Dealer has to reprogram the new module to your fobs.
Got mine done as a "goodwill" warranty item from HD of Palm Beach, Fl.

no alarm system, was talking to a buddy and he states there might be an alarm history, meaning at one time there was a diagnostic alarm and it hasnt been cleared. matter of fact last month my engine light was coming on after start-up, riding home from work on highway one day and cranked it to about 90mph, after that light didnt flash anymore, so i figured that is was an carbon build-up. could that be the diag. alarm that hasnt been cleared? i did the speedo diagnosics and everything was clear, havent done the plug under the side cover diag.test

need more info ,I assume this bike is EFI not Carb, if EFI is the EFI system stock or does it have a aftermarket tuner . I would start with making sure your ecm connection is ok .

as far as the engine everything is stock, EFI, as said before, only did it twice in the past week, now it flashes everytime i turn ignition on.

well i just returned from the barn after trying the jumper wire test with no luck. turn ignition on and everything acts as it is sopposed to, cant get codes to come up, i know i have the correct pins, the manual i have (Clymer) even states the color of wires to the pins. did everything by the book and cant get codes. could the flashing of 4ways some how cancel out code access?

Back