free website stats program 4-way flashers | Harley Davidson Forums

4-way flashers

marty

i have 01 electra-glide classic walked by turned on ingition heard fuel pump energize 4 ways flashed twice and key light came on in speedo started bike key light went out. bike is on battery tender rode it about 4 days ago with no problems any ideas??

Marty, we need to have a bit more info before we can offer help. Is your EG equipped with Security I system? Do you have the means to deactivate the alarm? Is there any maintenance or symptoms of unusual operation previous ?

have two key fobs but never used them in 6 yrs.put battery in 6months ago and always put it on battery tender when i get home. last battery lasted 4 yrs. had stator replaced in october hd checked regulator said it was good putting out 14.3 volts i went ahead and changed battery then.rode three days ago no problems. i may swap battery out and see if that does anything if i remember just after i bought bike it done this and battery was bad.

Does the fob have the button in the center of it? Sounds like it should for the yr of the bike. You may have un-knowingly pushed the button and it led to the disable alarm signal, I have had the fob in a pocket and bumped into or lean into something and did the same thing.

never carry key fob in bedroom closet for 6 yrs. with paperwork that previous owner had done .never tryed them

Back