free website stats program # 4 washers in carburetor help | Harley Davidson Forums

# 4 washers in carburetor help

2001FLHT

I rejetting my carburetor and it ran good but it was popping back through carb when cold. I read about putting two # 4 washers on the slide needle.

I completed installiing them and now it doesn't pop when cold and idles great, , but I have lost power past half throttle. It somewhat boggs and doesn't reach rpms.
I pinched the gasket that fits around the slide but not sure if it has a tear or hole.

Is the washers causing the loss of power, or would a hole in the gasket cause this?? Any help appreciated..

Its a 2001 FLHT, I installed a jet the size recommended for stage 1.
I took the top pff the carb and I have a small tear in the gasket that fits around the slide. Is this my possible problem?? Can I purchase this gasket without buying a complete kit??? Thanks for your help?

A crease or distortion in the CV diaphram will definitely cause a problem with free movement of the needle without binding or sticking. It is clearly a tricky deal to pull the CV top cover and spring assy and reassembling...I put the 2 washers under the needle & into the retainer basket, making sure it is ok before lowering the diaphram assy into place. The spring and cover go straight over them next, but make sure the diaphram circle perimeter shows no evidence of twist and all 4 mounting holes line up as you lower it carefully, installing all 4 mounting screws evenly by hand, torque in cross pattern.

Back