free website stats program 4 pt Docking system | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

4 pt Docking system

Back rest First on then the Hard to fit Luggage...

I have no problems with mine Bill.....:D (09 King)

Care in the line-up and it pops right in place...:newsmile026:

signed.... BUBBIE

Bill, go to HD ,com put in your part number, under the more info tab you can view the PDF instructions with hardware and part numbers
Air Foil Premium Luggage Rack | Racks | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store Here Bill is an example, click the more info tab

thanks Jack. that works -- I went there and looked at both sissy bars and luggage racks and both gave instructions for installing one piece at a time but not both at the same time. I will figure it all out -- but it looks like it is just a very tight fit for both to go on the same 'pin' and I mainly dont want to buy something that will not work with what I have already bought!!! :(

Bill

Back rest First on then the Hard to fit Luggage...

I have no problems with mine Bill.....:D (09 King)

Care in the line-up and it pops right in place...:newsmile026:

signed.... BUBBIE

Thanks BUBBIE. Please see post #13 I wrote to Jack. I bought the bike (2011 RK) with a 2-pt dock and passenger backrest installed. OK, then I want/needed a luggage rack. I had to remove the 2pt dock and buy/install 4pt dock. I then reinstalled the backrest fine - very tight fit, but, on anyway. Now I dont see any room to install anything else on those mounting pins, let me say the black pin is about 1/2" wide and the 'latch' for the backrest is about 1/2" wide taking up the entire space. How/where do I now put the front dock on the luggage rack?

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 4 pt. docking system on my 2010 RKC and have an HD backrest and an HD luggage rack. Both the chrome spool and the black spool are used when you mount both accessories. The front of my backrest frame uses the inside shock mount and the rear uses one of the double spools (can't remember if its the chrome or black one and the bikes off site in storage or I would take a pic for 'ya). My luggage rack uses the remaining front spool and the rear one. Hope this makes sense to you.

As a note, if the backrest or rack mounting plates are even slightly off kilter/alignment, it will be a p.i.t.a. to mount (not much wiggle room or slop). I had to bend my brand new backrest at the mounting plate out ever so slightly so it would drop in.

I have them on my 2010 RKC with no problem. I am sure you will figure them out by looking on Youtube from dbmg.

I have the 4 pt. docking system on my 2010 RKC and have an HD backrest and an HD luggage rack. Both the chrome spool and the black spool are used when you mount both accessories. The front of my backrest frame uses the inside shock mount and the rear uses one of the double spools (can't remember if its the chrome or black one and the bikes off site in storage or I would take a pic for 'ya). My luggage rack uses the remaining front spool and the rear one. Hope this makes sense to you.

As a note, if the backrest or rack mounting plates are even slightly off kilter/alignment, it will be a p.i.t.a. to mount (not much wiggle room or slop). I had to bend my brand new backrest at the mounting plate out ever so slightly so it would drop in.

I have them on my 2010 RKC with no problem. I am sure you will figure them out by looking on Youtube from dbmg.

Hoping Bill got this figured out?

Thank you to each one responding - all the others too! I believe I do have it figured out now, the solution for the "NO ROOM" problem will be to install the front of the luggage rack on the CHROME spacers and NOT the black spools. I do think I will be needing to slightly bend a few things around to make them all fit - but, so beit! Just a small note here - these quick connect pieces are so easy to get on and off!!! (IMO)

Thanks again everyone here --

Bill

Im not sure if youll be able to see the back rest and stealth luggage rack on the denim bike. They fit with no problems.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421164364517.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421164364517.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 16
Back