4 pt Docking system

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Billbo, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

I cant see for the life of me HOW two pieces (sissybar) and luggage rack is gonna be able to FIT onto the 4 pt docking hardware. Its hard enough to put on the sissy bar -- its a tight fit. Now I have to fit in a luggage rack also!! Any help here or advice?

Thanks
    Bill

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

3. dolt

dolt Senior Member Contributor

Pick up the Parts and Accessories catalog at your nearest dealer; they are free. Check out the docking hardware pictures and you will figure it out. The attachment points/hardware changed in '09 with the new frame.

4. kstrohs57

kstrohs57 Active Member

If you have the 4 pt. docking kit installed it will fit with no problem . Some of the luggage racks are mounted to the sissy bar hardware , depends on the year & make .

5. hammerhead pat

hammerhead pat Active Member

I just snagged the 4 pt off my brothers 2013 and put it on my 2011. And yes, it is a tight fit( luggage rack, that is)....

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  6. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
  7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

8. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

thanks Jack. Do you think maybe those "bushings" located on the front notches need to be removed to install with a quick detach sissy bar???

Directions just dont say that. ADDED EDIT HERE - I think maybe the front goes on the chrome bushings.

thanks again,
    Bill

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  9. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Is the picture in my post helpful as to position of bushings...

10. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Thanks dbmg, I have the docking station installed OK and looks just like the picture in your post. My concern is where is the 2nd quick connect (luggage rack in this case) going to attach to the docking points? I have a quick connect sissy bar installed already and it must remain on and then I want to add the luggage rack. It appears to me that the front of the luggage rack MUST attach on the front end to the chrome spacer and NOT the black plastic part. That will be used on the rear connection.

Bill