free website stats program 4 pt Docking system | Harley Davidson Forums

4 pt Docking system

Billbo

I cant see for the life of me HOW two pieces (sissybar) and luggage rack is gonna be able to FIT onto the 4 pt docking hardware. Its hard enough to put on the sissy bar -- its a tight fit. Now I have to fit in a luggage rack also!! Any help here or advice?

Thanks
Bill

Pick up the Parts and Accessories catalog at your nearest dealer; they are free. Check out the docking hardware pictures and you will figure it out. The attachment points/hardware changed in '09 with the new frame.

I cant see for the life of me HOW two pieces (sissybar) and luggage rack is gonna be able to FIT onto the 4 pt docking hardware. Its hard enough to put on the sissy bar -- its a tight fit. Now I have to fit in a luggage rack also!! Any help here or advice?

Thanks
Bill
If you have the 4 pt. docking kit installed it will fit with no problem . Some of the luggage racks are mounted to the sissy bar hardware , depends on the year & make .

I just snagged the 4 pt off my brothers 2013 and put it on my 2011. And yes, it is a tight fit( luggage rack, that is)....

Last edited:
I just snagged the 4 pt off my brothers 2013 and put it on my 2011. And yes, it is a tight fit( luggage rack, that is)....[/QUOTE

did you install the luggage rack with a sissy bar already installed?? thats where my concerns are. The locking mechisiam (sp) for the sissy bar takes up the entire space on the front pin of the the docking system -- then you have to add the front of the luggage rack to that same pin -- humm don't know if it fits. I expect the rear pin will be OK for the luggage rack - its the front pin that needs to be longer (IMO)

Bill

If you have the 4 pt. docking kit installed it will fit with no problem . Some of the luggage racks are mounted to the sissy bar hardware , depends on the year & make .

Thanks --- I have the 4 pt docking system and I have a quick connect sissy bar mounted to it and want to ADD the quick connect luggage rack. looks like the mounting pins (w the black plastic looks like thread spools) need to be about 1/2" longer.

Bill

From what I have seen the two attachment bolts should be longer with 2 bosses on each side.

Example:

4-Point Docking Hardware Kit - Gloss Black | Street Glide Special | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

thanks dbmg -- perhaps the luggage rack will mount onto those chrome spacers and NOT the black plastic spools??? hummm that may be the ticket.

I hope so -- thanks.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, go to HD ,com put in your part number, under the more info tab you can view the PDF instructions with hardware and part numbers
Air Foil Premium Luggage Rack | Racks | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store Here Bill is an example, click the more info tab

thanks Jack. Do you think maybe those "bushings" located on the front notches need to be removed to install with a quick detach sissy bar???

Directions just dont say that. ADDED EDIT HERE - I think maybe the front goes on the chrome bushings.

thanks again,
Bill

Last edited:
thanks Jack. Do you think maybe those "bushings" located on the front notches need to be removed to install with a quick detach sissy bar???

Directions just dont say that. ADDED EDIT HERE - I think maybe the front goes on the chrome bushings.

thanks again,
Bill

Is the picture in my post helpful as to position of bushings...

Is the picture in my post helpful as to position of bushings...

Thanks dbmg, I have the docking station installed OK and looks just like the picture in your post. My concern is where is the 2nd quick connect (luggage rack in this case) going to attach to the docking points? I have a quick connect sissy bar installed already and it must remain on and then I want to add the luggage rack. It appears to me that the front of the luggage rack MUST attach on the front end to the chrome spacer and NOT the black plastic part. That will be used on the rear connection.

Bill

Back