free website stats program 4 days and counting Road Trip! | Harley Davidson Forums

4 days and counting Road Trip!

BeachJeep

Pulling out and leaving the beach behind for 4-5 days up in the Maggie Valley Area. Hitting the road early Thursday AM headed west. Hope to do the Dragon on Friday but found out that there is going to be about 650 Mini coopers and Vettes on the Dragon this weekend. I hope its not a circus.. Looks like Sat may be the only questionable weather day. I can not wait to get going.

Be sure to check all the pertinent websites. Many road closures due to winter rock slides on the Dragon and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Lots of good roads in the Maggie Valley area without ever going near the Dragon. 28, 80, 276 all come to mind from my trip up there a couple weeks ago. Just look for real squiggly lines on a good map!

Have fun and ride safe. You are experiencing the feeling I was referring too prior to a ride in another post. Nothing like the anticipation, and nothing like a road trip on your scooter. I can't wait for my next one. :D

Good luck and have fun. I'm leaving on mine to the West Coast Friday. Plan on a month, but might take more. I love being retired! :newsmile040:

A good alternate to the Dragon is the Cheraholla (sp) Skyway between Tellico Plains, TN and Robbinsville, NC. It's a beautiful road, and not nearly as heavily traveled as the Dragon. It's not as tight as the Dragon. We are going up the 1st weekend in May.

A good alternate to the Dragon is the Cheraholla (sp) Skyway between Tellico Plains, TN and Robbinsville, NC. It's a beautiful road, and not nearly as heavily traveled as the Dragon. It's not as tight as the Dragon. We are going up the 1st weekend in May.

Maybe I'm weird but I don't consider the Cherohala as an alternative to the Dragon. Two totally different types of roads. The Dragon is intense with never ending hairpin turns. The Cherohala has more sweeping style turns and can be very relaxing to ride with lots of scenic pull offs.

If you enjoy the really tight turns I would recommend highway 209 north of Lake Junaleska (just west of Asheville), Alt226 south of the Blue Ridge Parkway through Little Switzerland, or highway 80 also south of the BRP.

Maybe I'm weird but I don't consider the Cherohala as an alternative to the Dragon. Two totally different types of roads. The Dragon is intense with never ending hairpin turns. The Cherohala has more sweeping style turns and can be very relaxing to ride with lots of scenic pull offs.

If you enjoy the really tight turns I would recommend highway 209 north of Lake Junaleska (just west of Asheville), Alt226 south of the Blue Ridge Parkway through Little Switzerland, or highway 80 also south of the BRP.

You're spot on, I wrongly used "alternative", should have said something like what you wrote in the first paragraph. :newsmile040:

Only hours away now! Although my Chief came in today and told to get a project done most ricky-ticky or Vac might be canceled. Nothing like giving you an assignment hours before you are supposed to leave...............

Back