free website stats program 4 bikes - 4 oils, the test begins | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

4 bikes - 4 oils, the test begins

Sorry for the edit, hit the wrong key.

Yes on the UC and check your book on the pickup to see if you have limited slip rear end which would use something different for the clutches..

Hopes NotVeryPC keeps us informed, looks like 4 months since last post..
Really makes for good reading information!....

Hopes NotVeryPC keeps us informed, looks like 4 months since last post..
Really makes for good reading information!....

Thanks for the info. I didnt know he was deployed!!!
Diddo on his safe and sound return...
My oldest son Just retired from USMC (20yrs), he served four tours over there, starting with Desert Storm..

My oldest son Just retired from USMC (20yrs), he served four tours over there, starting with Desert Storm..

Tell your son THANK YOU for his service from me and my family!! :hii

Also from this house. Semper Fi.

Would be nice to see how RedLine and AMSOIL and Royal Purple did in the same type test.But hey, it's a start. Great idea ! Way to go " Not Very PC " !!!! Be looking forward to final results. Later, Hi-Tek Rednek

My local hot rod shop has RedLine I told him I wanted grade 4 he said he has heavy or light wt. how do I know what I need for a 5 Speed:hii

My local hot rod shop has RedLine I told him I wanted grade 4 he said he has heavy or light wt. how do I know what I need for a 5 Speed:hii

Redline shockproof HEAVY.

1684.JPG

Update. 10/16/007
The oil will be rated 1 - 10 , with 10 best and 1 worst

Bike #4 will be running Lucas Motorcycle 20w50 full syn in the engine and primary with 75w90 full syn in the trans.
Bike #4 had by far the least metallic and non-metallic particles overall , it's acid & carbon levels were best everywhere except the engine, where it's acid level was 2nd lowest and it's carbon level was also 2nd lowest. Score 8.5

Bike #3 will be Mobile1 V-Twin 20w50 full syn in all 3 holes.
Bike #3 was 2nd lowest in over all particle count, only to the oil used in bike #4, the acid level and carbon level of it's engine oil were lowest of all oils tried. Score 8.0

Bike #1 will be running HD Syn3 in all 3 holes.
Bike #1 was 2nd highest in the overall particles found in the oil and also 2nd highest in acid and carbon found. It showed high levels of "Gear Metal Particles" in the trans oil. Score 5

Bike #2 will be running HD non syn oil in all 3 holes, HD 360 multi-grade 20w50 in the engine, and Formula+ Transmission and Primary Chain-case Lubricant in the trans & primary.
Bike #2 had the highest amount of particles of all the oils and it's acid and carbon levels (engine levels were alarming) were much higher then any of the other oils, It's primary oil showed early signs of a burnt clutch. Score 3

That's the way it is for now . More to come.

I thought I set on Redline but the results of the Lucas makes me wonder:dknow:wall:wall:wall

Back