free website stats program 3rd & 4th gear shift dog | Harley Davidson Forums

3rd & 4th gear shift dog

GrahamNWT

Hello all, new old guy here needing a little help with a 1985 4 speed.
I am rebuilding my transmission right now and was wondering how does one determines which direction the back cuts on the shift dog go.
On the H-D part it is stamped with high and this goes towards the main drive gear. If I had one I could determine the correct direction but no such luck. Maybe some one on her could post a pic and help a old guy out. Thanks

I am rebuilding my transmission right now and was wondering how does one determines which direction the back cuts on the shift dog go.
On the H-D part it is stamped with high and this goes towards the main drive gear. If I had one I could determine the correct direction but no such luck. Maybe some one on her could post a pic and help a old guy out. Thanks

Welcome, #1 post.

I won't be of any help on your Question BUT Maybe Chopper OR Jack K. will be along to help you out..

You're new so it will have to come from Mouth from another member... There IS a VAST knowledge here at HDT.com, available and to get into the stacks of Paper you'll need More posting..

I would suggest to "post" (Take Part) where you have an answer or another Question and BUILD up GOOD post.. That will benefit in your LOOKING around our site.. I don't know where the MIN # starts, 5 will get you started.. Not just Junk Post, but take part..:D

signed....BUBBIE

Welcome, #1 post.

I won't be of any help on your Question BUT Maybe Chopper OR Jack K. will be along to help you out..

You're new so it will have to come from Mouth from another member... There IS a VAST knowledge here at HDT.com, available and to get into the stacks of Paper you'll need More posting..

I would suggest to "post" (Take Part) where you have an answer or another Question and BUILD up GOOD post.. That will benefit in your LOOKING around our site.. I don't know where the MIN # starts, 5 will get you started.. Not just Junk Post, but take part..:D

signed....BUBBIE

ADDED I stole this from Bodeens post-answer,,,,

Always check out the search function at the top right of the page. You'll be surprised at what you wil find using it.

View attachment Baker Cruise Drive Top Cover 4 Speed Inst.v2.pdf not harley but a good view, the shifter clutch should only fit one way if I remember right

Back