free website stats program 3Qts. or 2 1/2? | Harley Davidson Forums

3Qts. or 2 1/2?

hd4evr

Banned
I just changed the oil on my 2007 SuperGlide. I bought it used with 2200 miles on it and wanted to change the oil so I knew where I''m at with oil changes. Anyway, on another forum I was told that my bike uses 3 qts with a filter change. I put in 3 qts and changed the filter also. Now I bought my owners manual at the dealer and it says 2 1/2 ots, and DO NOT OVERFILL. My question.....do I need to take OUT some of the oil? Or will I be OK with the three qts? I''ve ridden the bike about 300 miles since the oil change and everything seems to be OK, no leaks or anything. What do you all think? If I need to get 1/2 qt out how do I do that? Thanks!

Drain it out to the proper level, 2 1/2 qts. Either pull the plug or use a turkey baster to remove the 1/2 qt or it will blow out the breathers on the side of the bike.

Well, it's been 500 miles since I put 3 qts. in my bike. There has been NO oil out thru the air cleaner or anywhere else. I took the air cleaner apart, and checked the whole thing. It's dry and oil free, no oil anywhere. Now what do you think? I'm puzzled because I DEFINITELY put 3 qts. in.

What do I think???

Take out the extra 1/2 quart.:D

DO NOT OVERFILL means DO NOT OVERFILL.
I know, I know, but the turkey baster I bought was too fat to get down into the bottom end, and it's been 500 miles.....don't ya think SOMETHING would have happened by now?

Back