36 mpg

Discussion in 'TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck' started by tacotruck, May 2, 2011.

1. tacotruck

tacotruck Member

I have rode three tanks of gas, from that I got an average of 36 mpg. That is eight gallons per mile less befor my stage 1 up grade. I would like to get more mpg. I have a 2008 FXSTB with SE heavy breather, SE slip on mufflers, and Gen 3 (with factor settings). Average crusing speed is 65-70 mph, mostley highway riding, and I'm not heavy on the throttle. What changes should I make to the Gen 3?

2. DobeckTechSupport

DobeckTechSupport Active Member Product Contributor

The First mode which is our Green mode has the most influence on overall MPG. The stock setting is 3.5, but for better gas mileage you should run 2.5 and you'll still be running just fine for a stage 1 setup.

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Wow, road trips must be a nightmare getting 8 gallons per mile! Seriously, that much of a drop is a bit much. Follow Dobeck's recommendations and keep fine tuning it and you'll get it in a more acceptable range.

4. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

......:bigsmiley20: I saw that to but I didnt dare say aneything..

5. tacotruck

tacotruck Member

I said " ...eight gallons per mile, less..." 44-8=36mpg.

6. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Ummm.....I know, but I'm fairly certain you meant 8 miles per gallon less! Don't take it personally - typos are usually fair game for some ribbing around here!

7. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Junior Member

When I proof reed my own writing I will read what I think I wrote and never catch my mistake, even after several proof reads. Me thinks this is what is going on.

8. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Proof reed? you missed another:newsmile108:.

proof reading is what I do to make a decision in the Burbon aisle.

9. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

Tough crowd today. :s

10. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Oh Wow!

Bodeen