free website stats program 30+ Killed in Afghanistan chopper shootdown | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

30+ Killed in Afghanistan chopper shootdown

My thoughts and prayers to our military and their families for the price they have and are paying for this country is great. May GOD give them comfort and peace for all eternity. :USA

News is saying 30+ killed, most members of Seal Team Six after the Taliban shot a Chinook down. Survivors engaged in a 2 hour firefight.

RIP brothers. :(

A sad day, indeed. My thoughts and prayers for them and their families.:42:

I have a favorite saying that I read once & remembered: "Americans sleep soundly in their beds ONLY because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf".

Looking at the faces of these young soldiers, it's kinda hard to imagine that they are the "rough men" that stand ready to do violence to protect us all. :(

I have a favorite saying that I read once & remembered: "Americans sleep soundly in their beds ONLY because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf".

Looking at the faces of these young soldiers, it's kinda hard to imagine that they are the "rough men" that stand ready to do violence to protect us all. :(

Love that quote. The actual text is "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

It is often used to refer to law enforcement, but most assuredly fits the military. Sadly, the faces of young men have always been the face of war. I have done PGR funerals for combat veterans who weren't even old enough to have ever sat in a bar and ordered a beer.

Back