free website stats program 30,000 on an '07 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

30,000 on an '07

Pull the smog cams out. Easy enough while in that far. Andrews 26h, great preformance cam super for two up, reduce heat on rear cylinder also. eastern preformance best price on parts... :cheers no drinking during repairs

Bud, if you don't mind me asking, was the secondary as bad as the primary, I haven't pulled the cams yet to look at it.
The Thing that annoys me the most about this whole thing is I have to tear it apart, inspect it, then go to the H.D. Dealer and order parts that are a week to a 2 weeks out when they should have them sitting on their shelf. If I want a $40 t-shirt made in China, they got plenty....:small3d023:

The primary was slighty worse than the Secondary but not much ,,

That made me mad to but i was able to get them local but from 2 different dealers

i agree with other put cams in when there and cam bearings even if you dont change the cams

Funny isn't it how my 05 with 30,000 miles had hardly any wear and you had all that wear with the same mileage and oil.

Riding habits i bet are a lot of it and where your located Heat Humidty etc etc .. and i also wonder Crank Runout ?? Can it Accelerate the Wear on the Primary side maybe give a whip sawing effect ? or not enough oil coating the chain to keep it from shreading adjusters etc etc etc

That's rather disappointing on an 07 with the newer setup. They thought that would be the answer to the problem with the old tensioners.

By chance have you done anything to increase oil pressure on the bike like baisley spring or oil pump replacement for aftermarket? (fueling pump etc)

Riding habits i bet are a lot of it and where your located Heat Humidty etc etc .. and i also wonder Crank Runout ?? Can it Accelerate the Wear on the Primary side maybe give a whip sawing effect ? or not enough oil coating the chain to keep it from shreading adjusters etc etc etc

I could see riding habits, crank run-out and where I lived (?) having some affect on it, but to have the difference between what the OP's pictures show (tensioners shot) and what Animal claims "hardly any wear",,,I need better reasons. I don't consider 30,000 miles that much mileage. Maybe in the motorcycle world of things 30,000 miles is a lot of mileage. On a high RPM metric bike, yes 30K equals a bunch of times the engine revolved. On these low RPM engines I would have expected more.

If I had more mileage on my bike I would pull the cover to take a look but I am at 10K which is probably too early to tell.

If Animals tensioners were actually "hardly worn", there is more to this story of why this happened.

Now what Glider says about the oil pressure spring...that CERTAINLY could do it. Interesting point indeed.

Is there a "weep hole" in the tensioner system for oil to come out and provide lubrication for the chain itself.

go to the H.D. Dealer and order parts that are a week to a 2 weeks out when they should have them sitting on their shelf. If I want a $40 t-shirt made in China, they got plenty....:small3d023:
Ain't that the truth!
Try ordering on-line from Chicago or Zanotti's HD. You should be able to tell right away if they are in stock. Their discounts will cover the shipping cost.
As an '07 owner, I'm disappointed that your tensioner has that much wear.

Back