free website stats program 3 phase stator | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

3 phase stator

I charged the battery and took to HD Service to have it Load Tested? I am going to pick up a new Voltage Regulator on way home today, replace it then check Charging Volts? I'm being told it may actually rule out the Stator and if the Stator is bad more than likely the VR is no good either?

Before I installed a new regulator with an existing/original stator, I would at least perform a stand alone voltage output test of the stator. Unplug the stator connector from the regulator. Call 1 wire "A" the next wire "B" and the 3rd wire "C".

With the engine at 2000 RPM, measure the AC voltage from pins A to B,,, B to C,, and A to C.
They should measure around 40 volts but more important they all should be the same value. A healthy value but more important and Equal value would be great to see.

Took Battery to HD had them do a Load test. They said it was good. Let me ask you this, Is it possible that the Stator could be good and the Voltage Regulator be bad and that cause my Battery to be drained/loss of Power?

Well wish me luck. I'm picking up a Voltage Regulator on my way home today and going to replace it, and hoping when finished with that, it's charging my Battery.

You have any idea where I can get the Stator Removal Tool just in case I have to go that route?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have any idea where I can get the Stator Removal Tool just in case I have to go that route?

I never heard of such a tool. You need a locking bar to remove compensator.

Are you planning to skip step entry point #32 of this thread. I would not if I was you...

I just seen #32. I will try that, with Bike running huh?

Does anyone know if the HD Heritage Softail Classic comes with a Pase III regulator and Stator??????

Last edited by a moderator:
Well wish me luck. I'm picking up a Voltage Regulator on my way home today and going to replace it, and hoping when finished with that, it's charging my Battery.

Strong Hands, on the older bikes you could use a puller and some had the holes tapped, newer bikes just grab hold and pull, Capital Jack:D

i tested mine the ther day on my 93 sportser 1200xlh not sure if it is 3 phase but it has two wires going down the frame to a plug and another wire that passes the plug but all three were hot when grounded and the two in the plug were hot when touching the two together the other side of the plug going to the stator was'nt hot when touching them to the ground when touching together i got a little fire what does all this mean any info will help

Back