3" open primary alignment tips needed

Discussion in 'Classic Models' started by Matt Black, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black New Member

Hi all
    I'm having real trouble getting the belt to run straight on a Primo 3" open primary belt, has anybody got any tips? I've been at it for ages and its driving me nuts
  2. v10ole

v10ole New Member

Hi I have the same set up and how I did it was loosen the motor mounts make sure the tranny is also loose all 5 bolts take the mounting nuts off if you have too and then put the innet primary on and tighten her down. Then tighten the motor back down use a tork wrench and set to specs then tighten down all 5 tranny bolts to spec. Then I add 5 lbs to the wrench and retork the motor and tranny. Then take the bolts out of the primary and add blue lock tight and tork them to spec. Then take a straight edge and make sure you have the pulleys lined up most of the time it will take some machining for the front pulley to line up I had to take .025 off of mine. You could also get a different rotor that doesnt have that thick washer to suck it in closer but that is up to you. Good luck I know you will get her let me know if I can answer any other problems you may have. Ole