free website stats program $3 Million to Military Brain Injuries Hospital | Harley Davidson Forums

$3 Million to Military Brain Injuries Hospital

Redfish-Joe

From GMA this morning.

TV Icon Bob Barker Gives $3 Million to Military Brain Injuries Hospital.

Bob Barker, famed TV icon and former host of "The Price Is Right," has given $3 million to finish funding the construction of a new hospital in Bethesda, Md., to care for the brain injuries of military personnel.

The former aviator donated millions to a military brain injuries hospital.Barker, a naval aviator who served during World War II, contacted the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund last week after learning that it was struggling to come up with the last $3 million for the new treatment center.

Bill White, president of the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, got on the phone with Barker. The two spoke for 40 minutes about Barker's service experiences and the difficulty of raising money in a recession, White said.

My hat is off to you! Thanks Bob!:cheers

A great big thank you to Bob. Our service men and women need all of the support and help we can give them no matter what your opinion is about the war situation.

That is a great thing that he did. I only wish many more celebrities would cough up and help the cause of our troops. They say that they need millions and millions so that they can feed their families, how about a bit for the people that fight to keep us free! I salute you Bob.

Why wont your Government pay a paltry(to them) $3million?That's pathetic!Surely your elected representatives can do better than that.Especially since your country seems to honour its Service personnel more than most others.

Come to think of it, if they're like ours here, they are more interested in lining their own pockets.We just had a case where a War widow with her Husband's 2 kids and a baby on the way(-her husband died in Iraq-)had her pension slashed to $305 a fortnight and was asked to vacate Defense Dept. subsided housing.Caused an uproar.And rightly so.

At exactly the same time,our Pollies awarded themselves a pay rise starting at around $4000 a year.

Well done to the guy who gave the $3 mill.

Back