free website stats program 3" Drop seat? | Harley Davidson Forums

3" Drop seat?

Fireguy

Has anyone installed this kit? Fat Baggers offers it for a pretty penny, but the look is great.IMO. And for the guys that feel like they sit on there bikes, this one may make you feel like your more one with the bike. Fat Baggers, Inc.

yhst-81226325006369_2089_7881155-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen it advertised in the mags and it looks like a complete pkg. It just seems so high priced. Oh well, guess that HD acronym still stands for Hundreds of dollars.

Don't know the price, but it sure looks good, but as far as comfort, can't really "feel" a thing...but as the saying goes: it probably is worth the price of admission...but that is up to you.

Was in Daytona all weekend and Fat Baggers Inc was there, lots of differrent kits to install all at a pretty penny. Talked to a lot of people who had the real fat tires on there bikes the all said the same thing, "its nice but not as comfortable of a ride as you would think". Basiclly all show and not good for the real open road. None of them said they would ride cross country with it. I want more functionality than glitz.

I think everything from fat baggers is quality and well design Fireguy, the price reflects that, the seat does looks a little hard, kinda like a "Corbin":) :) :) but I bet the low center of gravity would make it one of the best handling, most relaxing rides you could have from a touring bike. It also looks like it would put the passenger in a very comfortable position "for you" on long trips, plus ma ma would have a great field of view not having to try and see around your head all the time. If I win the loto I'll let you know how it works on my new road king:)

I have been to Fat Baggers shop ( that is where I had my painted inner fairing installed ) It looked to me that they make quality parts for our bikes . Also the drop seat kit come with the seat & it is custom made by Fat Baggers and as far as I know Fat Bagger has the only seats that fit the 3" drop kit .

I was also in Destination Daytona yesterday (Sun). FBI has some nice looking products and amazing looking bikes.

The drop seat looks nice and low, but it looked like your sitting even further back than before. For a RG now your way back and might even need new bars (but not sure as I didn't sit on one). The bikes I saw had the stretched tanks and flows really nice.

Ride safe and have fun.

I've been considering this kit since I first saw it last year. I will have to test ride a bike with it on, or read some really positive reviews. One requirement for my bagger is 1000 miles a day, so that will play into it. But it would be nice to sit lower, similar to the softails.

1K a day on that seat...I think you will also need a good massage therapist for your gluteus muscles and a good Chiropractor for your back !!

Back