free website stats program 3 degree rake trees | Harley Davidson Forums

3 degree rake trees

peteG30

Im thinking of buying Wide Glide trees with a 3 degree rake for my stock 91 FXR..What you all think? Will throw off my trail? Has anybody dont it and have pics? thanks

I should add I plan to put a 21" front wheel with 32 " 41mm down tubes, bike I lowered the rear about 2 1/2" (11") shocks. I did the calculations on the trail Chart and I got 2.99 I talked to Demon Cycles were, Im going to buy the trees and they said it wont affect anything :eam

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a couple references to the FXR that said the wide glide forks were not compatible with that frame. No explanation given, just the statement. The Wikipedia (not a scholarly source but a good starting point) entry for the FXR has such a statement and a reference to its source, but not a reason.

You might consider the fact there was not an FXR wide glide. There were wide glides in the FX series predating the FXR, and in the subsequent Dyna line.

Not saying it can't be done, just that a problem exists that should be understood and addressed. Good luck.

I have a custom with a fxr frame i used a 21 whl 41 tubes in a wide glide headset it rode great then i put 3deg cups in and as a shakey ride after that so i pulled them out and know itrides great my buddey put them in his 97 dyna and at 85 it shakes bad

As much as I like the rake look, I think I should just keep the wide glide at 0 degrees..I will post pics when I get the trees on.:)

finally I went with a billet 0 degree wide glide triple trees from Demon Cycles, 41mm down tubes from a 88 FXSTC,21" 80 spoke front tire, 4.5 chrome bullet head light...it was an easy task,the most time consuming was cutting all the electrical wires inside the headlight and soldering and tucking them under the tank speedo...What a difference, bike looks great, it handles in my opinion just as good as before with the narrow glide.

I've seen a couple references to the FXR that said the wide glide forks were not compatible with that frame. No explanation given, just the statement. The Wikipedia (not a scholarly source but a good starting point) entry for the FXR has such a statement and a reference to its source, but not a reason.

You might consider the fact there was not an FXR wide glide. There were wide glides in the FX series predating the FXR, and in the subsequent Dyna line.

Not saying it can't be done, just that a problem exists that should be understood and addressed. Good luck.

Yeah, Harley always knows best.LOL

Back