free website stats program 3 Codes showing tonight | Harley Davidson Forums

3 Codes showing tonight

Gold4484

Contributor
Hi, hoping someone can give me some help with codes. 07 StreetBob with 7000m on it. Had local indie put PC, and big sucker on it...I put Rush slip-ons on it, all done last fall. Ran great til a few weeks ago, a little harder starting, higher idle at times, then low idle at times. last week-end gave it a LIGHT shower wash, and it had a heck of a time running afterwords. I thought it got wet, but all was dry. Went to go into town the other day and had to turn back because of the ROUGH running, Put new plugs in, no change. Had codes of:
PO107 map sensor open/low
PO132 Front O2 sensor high
PO152 rear O2 sensor high
PO373 CKP Sensor intermittent

Cleared the codes, and all that remains, are I assume are the part numbers?

P pn 32919-07
SP pn 67478-04A
S pn 68921-07

Not a great wrench here, OK to drive the 40 miles to dealer?

THANKS
BRIAN

Have you tried re seating the ECM to power commander connectors? Should be simple, pull up the instruction on the dynojet website. I doubt the sensors went bad, the o2 sensors are not even connected with the powercommander if correctly intalled. Power commander could have died too.

Here is the link to the install instructions, it has good pictures and should be simple to re-seat the connectors. http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/814/install/511/engI814-511.pdf
The power commander has a 1 year warrenty so you should be covered if it went bad. Not sure how your dealer is going to deal with the power commander issue, I've heard of them just taking them off and selling you a HD tuner.

Last edited by a moderator:
The P0132 & P0152 are to be expected and will be normal when running a PC.

CKP output is a function of RPM so it may be that a low idle (difficult to keep running idle) would kick out that code.

I would focus on the Map code. That 1 is probably the root of your problem. A bad MAP sensor would make it impossible to keep the engine running and injector duration would be all out of whack.

PC could be bad but I can't see how it would throw that MAP code. That map code must go.

After thinking about it more, I would remove the PC and get it back into stock form and try it. You need some kind of baseline.

I agree with Hoople take the PCIII off and see how it runs. I would try putting it back on after spraying the connectors with a little WD-40. Could have water in the connector. I'm not sure that the power commnder would normally throw the O2 sensor codes, I have had my PCV on my bike for 6000 miles and all of my codes are clear.

Thanks jody and Hoople. Will check on that first thing tomorrow jody. I guess first I should take it back to the indie and have hime put a new MAP put in eh? Or is it not as simple as that? New technology is not my thing!!

THANKS
BRIAN

I'm not sure that the power commnder would normally throw the O2 sensor codes, I have had my PCV on my bike for 6000 miles and all of my codes are clear.

I was thinking since the o2 sensor were not used anymore those codes would be expected. Take a look at this link. I know it's not the PCIII but it pertains to o2 eliminators.
It's somewhat hard to eliminate the 02 sensors and keep the ECM clean of any codes but somehow the people at PC must be able to do it.

131/151 Explained

Humm. The problem that I see is the O2 sensor can not be looked as a simple passive device (a resistor). The O2 sensor is actually a self contained generator that generates a voltage between .1volts and .9volts DC. When the output voltage is ~.5 volts, the A/F ratio is 1.0 Lambda or 14.7.

I would think the ECM firmware would want to see some voltage between .1 & .9 VDC. I know on a cage, if the ECM sees a fixed value, (does not vary between .1 & .9) the system throws a code that the o2 sensor is not responding to changes in injector pulse width.

The firmware for these bikes just may not be at the level it is for a cage. When your polluting with 2 cylinders instead of 8, I guess they cut you a break.
:p

Brian

P pn 32919-07
SP pn 67478-04A
S pn 68921-07

are part numbers and you more than likely caused the codes to be set when the bike got wet. As far as the map....there's really no reason to return to have it replaced. Another area to be careful of is the plug for the PC. They can retain water and cause all sorts of problems and codes.

After a hectic day of work and answering 2 em calls, I finally was able to look at the bike.

Thanks for the replies. BUT, after taking off all connections and making sure they were dry and seated good, took it for a 10 mile ride and hoped that I got back! It took a little longer than normal to start...after the first mile it started to idle hi at a stop sign, at the 3rd mile, it would almost stall when I stopped at intersections. Going down the home stretch, last mile, it started to run unevenly. NO codes were showing, but the pn still show up. How do you get rid of THEM?

THANKS
BRIAN

Back