free website stats program 3/4 Open Face Helmet Suggestions | Harley Davidson Forums

3/4 Open Face Helmet Suggestions

coco

Any recommendations on what 3/4 open face helmet I should buy in the 100 to 200 dollar range would be greatly appreciated.

AGV makes a great helmet. It is called the Dragon....similiar shape to a Helicopter pilot helmet but super light and comfortable comes with a clear and a smoke lense although you can use without. I paid 129.00 a couple years ago. The key is the light weight and the shape allow for a comfortable ride. I think it comes in black, camo or silver.

HD has one, about 150$, looks a lot like a Bell helmet which sells for about 90.00$ if you can live without the logo...
Check the web, there are dozens of vendors...

HJC makes several varieties of 3/4 helmets. Wife and I have been using them for about 6 years very comfortable.

Whatever 3/4 helmet you choose, just make sure it is DOT approved and manufacture date of new helmet is within the model year, as they do have a "shelf life". Some of them ("cheaper polycarbonate type" were found to meet Euro-specs where the shell & liner have the proper amount of "give" to transfer energy over wider area (older and current Snell standards were viewed in racing circles as too tough), making major manufacturers to make the outside and liner very robust, but transfer too much energy to the rider's head.

Thanks for the suggestions. Went to store today and tried a bunch. Did not pull the trigger yet but really liked the Nolan 30 Outlaw...bought 170...

I have the 1/2 and 3/4 Nolan and like them both. Just make sure on the 3/4 that the sides fit tight down your checks with no gap. You will get a lot of wind if they do not. :)The Shoie and most HD's don't. I sure like the Nolan.

Back